The Crypto Twitterverse: Who Should You Follow?
Twitter is the place to be if you want exposure to commentary and news about politics, sports, the economy, or crypto. In the last two years, in particular, discussions around cryptocurrency have seen a huge boost on Twitter. This is because the market has grown so rapidly, thus, many prominent crypto investors, DeFi projects, Web3 creators, and the like have garnered huge followings by sharing with the public their opinions about cryptos, thoughts on the economy, and where they think future innovation in DeFi is likely to head.
But for those who are new to crypto, it can be hard to find credible crypto Twitter accounts to follow, especially since crypto Twitter is flooded with millions of people.
Who Are The Most Credible Crypto Twitter Accounts?
When searching for crypto experts to follow, you’re essentially looking for people with technical knowledge of crypto, Bitcoin, DeFi, and Web3, as well as entrepreneurs who have launched their own projects and who are prominent investors. A few of the credible crypto Twitter accounts that fit these descriptions include Andreas Antonopolous, Anthony Pompliano, Brian Armstrong, Michael Saylor, and Vitalik Buterin.
Top 5 Crypto Influencers
Many of these figures above are also known as “crypto influencers.” This is because of their popularity and sway over the industry.
- For example, Andreas Antonopolous is a Bitcoin advocate, entrepreneur, and author of best-selling books, Mastering Bitcoin: Unlocking Digital Currencies and Mastering Ethereum: Building Smart Contracts and dApps.
- Second, is Anthony Pompliano, who is a popular investor that frequently speaks on television about cryptocurrencies.
- Third, is Brian Armstrong, CEO of the cryptocurrency platform Coinbase. Because of crypto’s popularity in the United States, and since it was one of the first platforms that allowed US investors to purchase cryptos, Coinbase has become a household name. In recent years, Brain Armstrong has attracted a larger following and has taken a more proactive role in supporting crypto’s role in the greater economy, especially when it comes to enacting crypto-friendly legislation.
- Fourth, is Michael Saylor, CEO of MicroStrategy, the publicly-traded company with the most Bitcoin on its balance sheet, worth about $7 billion dollars.
- Lastly, is Vitalik Buterin, one of the co-founders of Ethereum.
All of these individuals above can be said to be among the crypto influencer all-stars, and most of them have courses and workshops (like Andreas), podcasts (like Pomp), and take part in interviews (like Saylor). Therefore, for those who are interested in this type of content, following these figures on Twitter can be very beneficial.
What Are The Most Popular and Best Crypto Twitter Accounts?
Twitter is an enormous community, and thus, there are many expert, intelligent, and experienced individuals in the crypto, Bitcoin, DeFi, NFT, and web3 industries. This means there is no shortage of people to follow on Twitter. However, the more people you follow the more crowded your Twitter timeline and algorithm will be, which may limit and restrict broader opinions and content from reaching your feed. Therefore, to keep it simple and straightforward, we at Phemex have put together a short list of crypto experts for you to follow.
For those interested in Web3, Tyler Reynolds, Chris Dixon, and Cobie are great Twitter accounts to follow. For those wanting well-informed Bitcoin commentary, price updates, and trading insights, Willy Woo, PlanB, and Documenting Bitcoin are good follows. Although it is a broad category, for those wanting to learn more about Ethereum, they can follow /r/Ethereum, Documenting Ether, sassal.eth, and Cobie. Lastly, for general economic commentary, crypto research, and macro investing, Ryan Selkis, Nic Carter, Tyler Reynolds, Zhu Su, Josh Olszewicz, and Cred are the best voices around.
Whether you’re looking for Twitter cryptocurrency news, Bitcoin price predictions, or in-depth DeFi analysis, the above names are some of the most credible sources on crypto Twitter. Twitter can be helpful in bringing you expert opinions and insights into the world of cryptocurrencies. Therefore, it is important to parse through the troves of information and select the people who bring you the most educational value.