Buy Crypto
Markets
Contract
Spot
Earn
Web3 new
Learn
Blogs > Tips & Tricks > USDT: Crypto Investing Opportunities In Stablecoins >

USDT: Crypto Investing Opportunities In Stablecoins

Author: Jeffrey Craig Date: 2022-07-13 08:29:27

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Discord
  • Youtube
Subscribe Phemex

Get The Latest News And Updates From Phemex!

giftRegister to get $180 Welcome Bonus!
Email
Password
Invitation code (Optional)

USDT Savings

When many investors look at cryptocurrencies and consider investing, they first look at coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Solana, also known as the major layer 1s – and then they move on to other altcoins that have tremendous upside. However, there is another subset of cryptocurrencies that are considered safe havens during bear market times like these – stablecoins.

The stablecoin market cap is very large, and two stablecoins are in the top five cryptocurrencies by market cap, and three in the top 10 – thus signaling their importance and market position. For a list of the top 10 stablecoins by market cap see the image below.

Top 10 Stablecoins(Source: Messari)

In particular, Tether (USDT) and Circle’s USDC are the two largest and most popular stablecoins that are both time-tested and battle-hardened. USDT was created in 2014, so it has the longest life cycle of all stablecoins. USDC launched in 2018, so it’s relatively younger.

But to expand on USDT, it’s a 1:1 Dollar backed stablecoin that often serves as the quote currency for many trading pairs on exchanges such as Phemex. For example, to spot buy Bitcoin, you’d go to the BTC/USDT trading pair and buy Bitcoin with USDT. Really, USDT has come to play a hugely important role in cryptocurrency trading and adoption worldwide. It’s simply easier to send someone USDT rather than USD or another local currency.

Tether Reserves(Source: USDT’s reserves are 86% cash and cash equivalents, with the remaining 14% in other investment vehicles.)

Investing In USDT On Phemex

On exchanges like Phemex, investors can invest in USDT by creating an interest-earning savings account through Phemex’s Earn Crypto program. In fact, Phemex is currently running a promotion for USDT savings where for 7 days we’re offering a rate of 18.8% APY on USDT. So for those interested in exploring different ways to invest in USDT with a high return, this product is worth consideration.


For any inquiries contact us at support@phemex.zendesk.com
Follow our official Twitter | Join our community on Telegram
Trade crypto on the go: Download for iOS | Download for Android
Phemex | Break Through, Break Free
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Discord
  • Youtube
Subscribe Phemex

Get The Latest News And Updates From Phemex!

giftRegister to get $180 Welcome Bonus!
Email
Password
Invitation code (Optional)
start trading start trading start trading

Register On Phemex Now To Begin Trading

Register On Phemex

More Articles

Top Solana Meme Coins 2024

Top Solana Meme Coins 2024

Kenny  |  2024-05-20 15:57:48

Top Gamefi Coins To Invest in 2024 (June)

Top Gamefi Coins To Invest in 2024 (June)

Kenny  |  2024-05-20 15:38:09

Top DeSci Projects in 2024

Top DeSci Projects in 2024

Kenny  |  2024-05-11 21:13:11

Subscribe Phemex

Get The Latest News And Updates From Phemex!

Get The Latest News & Updates!

Bonus

Pulse Arrives on TON & Create your own group to get 2000 $PULSE