If you have 2FA enabled on your account and you can no longer log in because you lost access to Google Auntheticator, complete the following steps:
1. Try to find your Secret Key. The Secret Key is shown when you bind your Google Authenticator for the first time. If you still have your Secret Key, you can follow the original process to re-bind your Google Authenticator with your Phemex account.
2. If you are certain that you have lost your Secret Key, continue with a normal login process, and when promoted for the Authenticator code, click the Don’t have Google Authenticator? option.
NOTE: If you are able to access your account page. You can instead select the Security option in the left-side menu, and then click on Reset within the Google Authenticator row.
3. You will be forwarded to the Reset Google Authenticator Page. Click the Confirm Reset button.
4. A verification code will be sent to your email. Retrieve the code and enter it in the current page.
5. The next page will ask you for additional information. Please follow the instructions carefully and answer the best you can.
6. Depending on your answers, the account’s 2FA will be disabled immediately or the process will be subject to a manual review by Phemex.