The Phemex Know Your Customer (KYC) process is a safe and straightforward way of verifying your identity on our platform. Identity verification will provide users with increased security and access to additional features and benefits. To learn more about KYC on Phemex, please read “What is KYC on Phemex? (Identity Verification)”
To verify your identity on Phemex, simply complete the following steps:
1. Log in to Phemex.com and hover your mouse over your Account Name on the top right of the page.
2. Notice on the sub-menu that appears, under your account name or email address, you have an “Unverified” tag. Click anywhere on your name or the tag.
3. On the bottom of the Account Overview page, click the ID & Face Verification button.
4. The new pop-up window asks you to select one of four official photo identity documents: Passport, Driver’s License, Identity Card, and Residence Permit. Please select the option that is best suited to you. For the purposes of this guide, we will continue with Passport as the selection.
5. This next page asks you to submit a picture of the photo page of your passport. You can click one of two options:
- Continue on phone
- This option will help you submit a photo through a secure link sent to your phone. Click the Get secure link button.
- The next page will display a QR Code. Scan the code with your phone’s camera or download a QR code reader. Alternatively, you can also click on the Get link via SMS or the Copy link option.
- Once you’re on the unique URL on your phone’s browser, click the Take photo button at the bottom of the page.
- Upload photo
- This option will allow you to upload a photo directly to the system. Carefully review the image requirements and note that scans and photocopies will not be accepted. When you’re ready, click the Upload photo button.
- If the system detects any issues such as blur or glare, it will prompt you to re-upload an image. If this happens, click the Redo button and repeat the process with a better image.
6. Regardless of which option you chose in the previous step. Once you have confirmed the appropriate photo or image, this next screen will ask you to take a selfie for comparison. If necessary, remove any glasses and click Continue.
7. This page will ask you to allow camera access; click Enable camera.
8. Position your face within the indicated area and snap the picture when ready.
9. If the upload was successful, a new page will appear with the option to submit your documents. Simply click the Submit verification button.
10. The labels or tags on your Account Overview page should now indicate “Verifying”. The verification process takes about 5 minutes. Once the process is complete, your tags will read “Verified”.