Availability: 2022-08-23 12:00 (UTC) -- ETH2.0 upgrade
The ETH 2.0 merge event currently scheduled for September 2022 may also result in an Ethereum network hard fork. At this time, Phemex intends to support the merge and the potential hard-forked token. Phemex will list and allow the trading of both ETHS/USDT and ETHW/USDT pairs.
Prior to the ETH 2.0 merge and potential hard fork event, ETH holders on Phemex can swap ETH to ETHS and ETHW at a 1:1 ratio. In other words, 1 ETH = 1 ETHS + 1 ETHW. ETHS and ETHW can also be swapped back into ETH prior to the fork. Further details are as follows:
- "Potential forked" token explained:
﹒ETHS (Ethereum PoS) represents the token for the new PoS (proof-of-stake) chain;
﹒ETHW ( Ethereum PoW) represents the token for the PoW (proof-of-work) chain that will potentially continue to exist.
- Swap (ETH into ETHS+ETHW) availability: From August 23, 2022 at 12:00 (UTC) untill the ETH 2.0 merge
- Swap (ETHS+ETHW into ETH) availability: From August 23, 2022 at 12:00 (UTC) until the ETH 2.0 merge
- The market pairs: ETHS /USDT, ETHW/USDT.
- Trading for ETHS & ETHW: 2022-08-23 12:00 (UTC)
- Deposits & Withdrawals: Deposits and withdrawals of ETHS & ETHW will not be enabled.
Due to the many uncertainties surrounding the potential Ethereum (ETH) hard fork, Phemex retains the right to make further reasonable changes and adjustments to this program based on evolving news and circumstances. Phemex does not make any guarantees as to the value of forked tokens. Please perform your own due diligence and proceed with caution.